APA PAPER GUIDELINES WITH APA ESSAY EXAMPLE
APA style got its name from the American PsychologicalAssociation that developed standard citation and formatting rulesfor academic writing. Following APA standards requires time,nerves and practice but the good news is that once you havelearned how to write an APA paper, your skills will serveperfectly well for you further scholarly and postgraduate career.
7 steps to write an APA essay:
- Choose a topic
- Do research
- Write a rough draft
- Review, revise, reference the material following the rules
- Write a final draft
- Edit and proofread
- If possible, ask another person to review your paper
Read this guideline to discover principle components of a goodAPA essay. For efficient practice click on the apa essay examplesection and start writing according to the structure and formatrequirements.
CHECKLIST FOR BEGINNERS
Keep in mind that APA papers differ from other academic writingstyles by strict in-text citation rules and sophisticated visualformat.
There are many specifications as to APA papers. However, just abeginner should learn the essentials first. So if you want tobecome a good APA writer, do not skip these elements and payattention to some details:
- Title Page. It contains: title, your name, subject, teacher/tutor, date
- Running Head. Each page should have a short title of youressay written at the top left
- Also, write "Running head:..." in the header on the TitlePage
- Introduction. It goes under number 2 page. Start introductionwith a broad description of your topic smoothly designating thespecific information. In the last para write a concise statementthat tells about the purpose of your research.
- Citation and References